Glabellar rhytidis, more commonly as frown lines, are wrinkles that form on the forehead as a result of the aging process. As one ages, the collagen in the skin breaks down and the skin’s ability to repair the damage reduces. This results in decreased collagen and consequently, decreased elasticity. Genetic factors and the shape of the face also play an important role in the development of frown lines.
Frown lines affect facial aesthetics and can give your face a tired and aged appearance. There are many ways to prevent, and treat frown lines including topical creams, injections, and beauty tools. Derma roller is a beauty tool that can get rid of your frown lines using the micro-needling procedure in which small needles penetrate your skin which allows for improved healing of the skin. We have researched and found the five best derma rollers to treat your frown lines.
1. BeautyBio GloPro Micro-Needling Tool
The BeautyBio GloPro Micro-Needling tool is an award-winning and painless beauty tool that reduces the appearance of facial wrinkles, acne, and acne scars. BeautyBio brand guarantees a 30 percent reduction in wrinkles within 30 days. Although it is a bit on the pricey end of the spectrum, this particular kit includes different micro-needling stainless steel tips and a red LED light. Using this kit will tighten your skin and give it a rejuvenated look with a youthful glow.
The BeautyBio GloPro Micro-Needling tool is beneficial since it uses the basic properties of micro-needling and applies them to reduce frown lines. Microneedling causes low-level trauma to the uppermost layer of the skin, which pushes skin to regenerate by reorganizing old collagen fibers with new collagen and elastin fibers. This results in tightening of the skin and almost complete eradication of frown lines (1).
It is important to note that this tool cannot be used in the presence of active facial acne. You should wait till the acne resolves before trying to use micro-needling tools.
2. Sdara Skincare Derma Roller 0.25mm
The Sdara Skincare Derma Roller with 0.25 mm needles is an affordable and effective tool that reduces wrinkles and the appearance of large pores in almost no time. The Sdara Derma roller allows you to do painless micro-needling of your face in the comfort of your home while saving you both, time and money. You don’t have to wait for an appointment and pay hundreds, if not thousands for a micro-needling procedure anymore.
The Sdara Skincare Derma Roller aims to help you reduce fine lines and wrinkles on your face. Using this specific derma roller has an amazing anti-aging effect on your skin as it tightens and illuminates the skin. Moreover, the use of a derma roller increases the skin’s ability to absorb serums and creams that add to the anti-aging and wrinkle-reducing benefits of the beauty tool (2).
For best results, you should not put pressure while using the derma roller but rather roll it on the affected area of the face four to five times. Be careful to not puncture your skin and follow the instructions included in the packaging of Sdara Skincare Derma Roller.
3. Lolysenta Derma Roller
The Lolysenta Microneedling tool or Derma Roller is a modern tool that will improve your skincare routine remarkably without hurting your bank account. This Derma Roller aims to provide you naturally beautiful and smooth skin free of acne scars, large pores, and wrinkles.
The Lolysenta Derma Roller is perfect for both, men and women. It reduces the appearance of any fine lines and wrinkles by improving the layout of the collagen and elastin fibers in the skin (1). But it also helps men with their beard care, allowing them to shape their beards. Microneedling is especially useful in promoting hair growth and using this tool will help the beard grow evenly (3).
Overall, Lolysenta Derma Roller is a cost-effective and highly-beneficial option for men and women alike, regardless of the issue at hand.
4. Linduray Microneedling Kit: Derma Roller with Vitamin C Serum
Value For Money
- You can use it on several body parts
- Safe and easy to use
- Ideal for beginners
- Produces squeaky noises
- It packs no refills
- The needles are relatively short
The Linduray Microneedling Kit is a luxurious kit that not only includes a derma roller and the case but also includes a Vitamin C serum to be used after the micro-needling session. This kit is a perfect choice for you if you are a beginner in the world of micro-needling and derma rollers as it comes with not one, but three different E-books containing detailed instructions on how to use the product and what its benefits are.
The Linduray Microneedling kit is especially useful in reducing fine lines and wrinkles almost completely because the effects of micro-needling using their derma roller are enhanced by using the Vitamin C serum included in the kit (2). This is because of two important factors; the absorption of Vitamin C increases after the micro-needling session due to the low-level trauma of the skin, and Vitamin C itself has strong anti-aging and anti-oxidant properties that help reduce the wrinkles and sagginess of the skin (4).
In general, the Linduray Microneedking Kit is worth every penny and will remove years off your face with just a few weeks of use.
5. Healthy Care 540 Derma Roller
Value For Money
- Ideal for beginners
- Can be cleaned with alcohol
- Has a refreshing effect
- Does not work for all skin types
- Loud and thin
- Does not have a variety of needle sizes
The Healthy Care 540 Derma Roller is a sleek titanium micro-needling tool that guarantees to bring about the same changes that you would see after your dermatologist’s appointment but at only a quarter of the price. The derma roller has an ergonomic design and comes with a non-slip grip, both of which allow the roller to be moved in a horizontal, vertical, and diagonal manner.
The Healthy Care 540 Derma Roller works wonders on the skin giving it a healthy and youthful glow, like no other by following the principles of skin trauma, scarring, and rejuvenation (5). The derma roller comes with an e-book with instructions on how to use it because if used properly, the benefits of this product are countless.
This Derma Roller is a great at-home tool to get rid of wrinkles, fine lines, and acne scars.
- Dsouza L, Ghate VM, Lewis SA. Derma rollers in therapy: the transition from cosmetics to transdermal drug delivery. Biomed Microdevices. 2020;22(4):77. Published 2020 Oct 26. doi:10.1007/s10544-020-00530-3
- Singh A, Yadav S. Microneedling: Advances and widening horizons. Indian Dermatol Online J. 2016;7(4):244-254. doi:10.4103/2229-5178.185468
- Iriarte C, Awosika O, Rengifo-Pardo M, Ehrlich A. Review of applications of microneedling in dermatology. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2017;10:289-298. Published 2017 Aug 8. doi:10.2147/CCID.S142450
- Rattanawiwatpong P, Wanitphakdeedecha R, Bumrungpert A, Maiprasert M. Anti-aging and brightening effects of a topical treatment containing vitamin C, vitamin E, and raspberry leaf cell culture extract: A split-face, randomized controlled trial. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2020;19(3):671-676. doi:10.1111/jocd.13305
- Alster TS, Graham PM. Microneedling: A Review and Practical Guide. Dermatol Surg. 2018;44(3):397-404. doi:10.1097/DSS.0000000000001248
- Alster, T. S., & Garg, S. (1996). Treatment of facial rhytides with a high-energy pulsed carbon dioxide laser. Plastic and reconstructive surgery, 98(5), 791–794. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006534-199610000-00005